Tieline MPX Codec
MPXRegular price $888,888.88
Tieline MPX I and MPX II Codec
Tieline’s MPX I and MPX II codecs deliver composite FM multiplex (MPX) codec solutions for real-time network distribution of FM-MPX or MicroMPX (µMPX*) signals to transmitter sites. The MPX I is ideal for transmitting a composite STL signal from a single station with return monitoring, whereas the Tieline MPX II can transport two discrete composite FM-MPX signals from the studio to transmitters with return monitoring.
Both the MPX I and MPX II support sending the full uncompressed FM signal, or compressed µMPX to deliver high-quality multiplexed FM signals at lower bit-rates. They support analog MPX (BNC) or MPX over AES192 to deliver a wide range of
flexible composite encoder and decoder configurations for many different applications.
Order an optional satellite tuner card at purchase to support decoding DVB-S or DVB-S2 signals.
The Benefits of Tieline MPX Solutions
Sending transmission-ready FM composite signals from the studio allows broadcasters to maintain audio processing and RDS data insertion at the studio. This significantly reduces capital and operational costs by eliminating processing equipment from transmitter sites, which reduces on-site power consumption, wiring and space requirements, as well as site visits for service and support. Composite MPX over IP signals can be easily replicated and distributed using multicast and multi-unicast^ technologies and take advantage of rock solid redundancy features like redundant streaming, RIST, FEC, and automated SD card file failover^.
- Single or Dual MPX Composite Encode or Decode: Encode/Decode up to two point-to-point MPX/µMPX composite signals.
- MPX/µMPX Composite Encode or Decode with Encoder or Decoder FM Monitoring: Encode/Decode two point-to-point MPX/µMPX composite signals; at the encoder monitor the demodulated local MPX input or the return feed. At the decoder monitor the MPX output or the secondary MPX feed, which is either the local MPX input or the secondary stream.
- Transport uncompressed MPX or reduce bandwidth requirements by transmitting compressed µMPX Composite signals to sites. Support for GPIOs in MPX or µMPX modes.
- Monitor demodulated MPX at the encoder or decoder and configure return FM confidence monitoring as required.
- Use a single MPX I or MPX II codec to multicast uncompressed MPX or compressed µMPX signals, or Multi-unicast* µMPX signals to reduce CAPEX and OPEX at the studio and TX sites
- Both the MPX I and MPX II can operate as an encoder or decoder.
- Support for both analog and digital MPX signals allows networks to support transmissions using analog transmitters as networks transition to newer all-digital setups over time.
- Redundant streaming with hitless packet switching, RIST and Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- SD card backup delivers file failover.
- Dual internal PSUs for redundancy.
- Full remote control using the HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI, Cloud Codec Controller, plus comprehensive automated alarms and SNMP monitoring.
MPX Composite Distribution
Distribution of MPX composite signals from the studio or playout center eliminates expensive audio processing and RDS generation requirements at STL sites. Multipoint distribution via multicast or multi-unicast technologies reduces costs even further, by affordably replicating MPX composite streams using a single MPX I or MPX II encoder, similar to how baseband IP audio streams are replicated in audio codecs. Compressed µMPX composite signals can be distributed over WANs like the internet at bitrates as low as 320kbps to reduce bandwidth requirements.