Sage Digital ENDEC Alerting System
Sage Digital ENDEC 3644Regular price $888,888.88
Sage Digital ENDEC 3644 Alerting System
• Digital I/O
• Network, e-mail and FTP capabilities
• Online interface
• Internal automatic scheduler
The Sage Digital ENDEC Alerting System offers AES/EBU interface internally, along with LAN support and web browser-based interface for a new generation of EAS users. It enables Radio, TV, and Cable users to connect, as well as first responders and state/county/local emergency centers to use standards like IPAWS and CAP-CP profile for use in Canada.. The Digital ENDEC is designed to be future-proof, ready for any future revisions to the EAS system.
Features include: Digital I/O, network, e-mail and FTP capabilities, online interface, and an internal automatic scheduler.
Sage Digital ENDEC Features:
• 6 audio inputs
• 6 serial ports
• Encoder and Microphone input
• 4x20 LCD display
• Internal speaker and Line Out
• Four contact closures
• Five GPIO inputs
• Web-Based control
• 10/100 Base-T LAN support
• 2 USB connectors for printers, additional serial ports, future expansion
• Software is stored in FLASH and is updatable via the LAN or the USB interface
• AES/EBU Digital Audio Interrupt with active switching
• 64 MByte onboard storage for log files
• Totally solid-state memory storage for reliable operation - no hard drive
• LAN connection for remote control, setup, software update, notifications, monitoring via streaming audio.
• USB connections for printer, additional LAN, additional storage.
• Five GP inputs for triggering tests and forwarding alerts for up to four stations.
• Four GP dry contact closures for automation interface or status display.
• Logging via web page display, USB printer(HP), network printer(HP), email, FTP. Email, FTP, and Web logs include audio and text.
• Time of day synchronized with Network Time Protocol (NTP).
• All solid state data storage.
• Not a PC, high reliability.
• Sage “Generic CGEN” industry standard character generator interface.
• ENDEC software included at no charge.
• “All in one” solution. Places CAP and EAS directly on the air. No CAP converter or legacy EAS device required. Text to Speech included.
• Part 11 certified device. The ENDEC and a LAN connection to a CAP server is all you need to be compliant with the new Part 11 requirements. Supports DM(IPAWS) OPEN, Black Coral, MyState, SpectraRep, and others with a common interface.
Sage Digital ENDEC Specifications
• Six unbalanced analog EAS monitor inputs
• One AES/EBU digital audio program in /station pass-through
• One balanced stereo analog XLR program in /station pass-through
• One unbalanced low level microphone audio input
• One unbalanced analog local audio input
• One AES/EBU digital audio alert audio insert/station pass-through
• One balanced stereo analog XLR alert audio insert/station pass-through
• One unbalanced line out – analog multi-station interface or local audio
• Six serial ports, DB-9, for relay panel interface, hand held remote control, CG control, LED display, automation, etc.
• Two USB connectors, for printer, additional storage
• Five GP inputs for automation interface, trigger of RWT or forward of alerts on up to four stations
• Four dry contact closures for automation interface
• The ENDEC interfaces with devices from Chyron, Compix, Evertz, Harris, Miranda, VDS, XBob and others supporting the Sage Generic CGEN interface. Fox Slicer scheduled for Fall 2010
• One 10/100 rj-45 LAN connection. Additional physical connections with user-supplied USB to Ethernet adapters. Addressing is DHCP or static
• HTTP/HTTPS web browser for programming, status updates, control, maintenance
• NTP protocol for setting time of day
• EMAIL for logging and other status messages, supports STARTTLS, alternate ports, SSL
• Part 11, FCC ID V2W3644
• Browser based control
• Legacy SAGE front panel interface, 4x20 LCD
• Five status LEDS, plus GPO status
• Dimensions 2U 19" EIA rack mount 19"W x 3.5"H x 6.5" D
• 4.3 lbs(shipping weight with power supply ~8 lbs)
• 19 VDC @ 1A, external 3A switching power supply provided 120 VAC @ ~ 1A
Common Alerting Protocol
Sage has already demonstrated CAP compatibility through its work with users in several groups in the US and Canada, and by participating in interoperability demonstrations such as the FEMA demo at NAB in April 2010, and in the pilot conformity test for CAP 1.2 and the IPAWS profile. We continue to work through industry groups such as the EAS-CAP Industry Group (www.eas-cap.org) to enhance interoperability standards and to keep the ENDEC updated with the latest versions. Sage will provide a free update to bring its software into compliance when the final version of the protocols are announced by FEMA, expected in the fall of 2010.
* Contact us for installation and pre-configuration pricing